Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Dinner Buffet: Rosewater - Jumeirah at Etihad Towers


We have been invited by our friend for dinner at the high-end Rosewater Restaurant in Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi.  If you are an addict of Hermes, Prada or LV, Jumeirah Etihad Towers is where you should shop.  This building actually houses most if not all of the A-list brands that you could think of along with the British grocery chain - Waitrose.

This wasn't my first time to dine in at Rosewater.  I actually went there last Christmas for breakfast and was actually pleased with the food, ambience and service.  This time around, we tried their dinner buffet.

We were welcomed and greeted by the restaurant's manager and were asked for our Groupon vouchers. When we entered the resto, we were actually undressed by the judgemental stares of most of the customers in the resto that night.  Maybe they were just not used to seeing Filipinos dine in a high-end restaurant.  But hey, we did not give d*mn, as we paid the same amount that they paid (kiber sa mga nega)!
Bread basket
As soon as we were seated on the darkest corner (yes, this should be taken literally!) of the restaurnt, we were given this fresh bread basket along with their very yummy butter, which my daughter devoured!  They also gave us these welcome drinks in itty bitty glasses.  Our attendant that night explained to me what the drink was made of, but of course I didn't understand what she told us so when my daughter asked me what it was, I just told her it's a juice.

Welcome drinks
Then we went to get some soup.  There were two choices - Arabic lentil or dimsum soup.  I chose the latter.  It was okay, but I have never been a fan of clear soups so for me this was just ordinary.

Soup of the day
The restaurant offers a vast selection of food from the soup station down to the desert section, all laid out intricately and labeled correctly, if I may say.

Desert station
This is their dimsum station where oriental dishes mainly dimsums and buns can be found.

Dimsum station
My favorite amongst all the dishes is this - the wok station.  I chose the noodles, veggies and the meat that will go with the noodles then come back after 5 minutes to get the finished yummy stir fried noodles.

Wok station
Too bad I wasn't able to taste anything from the entree selection, as I was too full from the appetizers and noodles that I didn't have any space left for the mains.

Entree
For the grill, I chose two slices of King Fish, which the chef grilled perfectly - not rubbery and not undercooked.  It was plain perfect.  You can also have grilled chicken, kebabs, lamb chops, etc.

Grill station
My yummy seafood mango salad with some leaves (which I don't know the name of) on the right side.


Salad plate.
My gorgeous stir fried noddles from the Wok station.  Probably the best noodles I have ever tasted.

Stir fried noodles.
My maki and sushi rolls.  The tuna was really fresh.  The Chinese buns were so tasty and soft that it could melt in your mouth.  The Thai noodle salad was also a delight.


Oriental plate :)
Our voucher also included three house beverages per person.  I had this Virgin mojito, which was so refreshing!
Virgin mojito
As I would like to try stuff that is not familiar to me, I ordered this Bloody Mary for my second drink.  This drink was made of tomato juice, Tobasco sauce and Worcestershire sauce.  But hey, I wanted to be adventuous so I tried it.  When I had my first sip, it seemed like I was actually drinking the sauce of afritada.  Afritada is a Filipino dish that is made of chicken, tomato sauce and vegetables.  My tastebuds were not fit for this type of drink so I didn't finish it and ordered plain water for my next drink :)

Bloody Mary
Finally for desert, I had creme brulee, raspberry sauce, chocolate cake and that green stuff over there, which again I forgot what it is called.  Creme brulee was awesome.  It was creamy and the top was crystalized to perfection!  The chocolate cake was okay and the green stuff was, to my surprise, fantastic, too!

Dessert plate

For AED 333 a couple, I should say that the price is definitely worth it.  Too bad that I am really not good on buffets as I get full easily.  The choices were endless, the ambience was fab and the service was superb! I will definitely give my thumbs up to Rosewater for their dinner buffet.


Rosewater Restaurant
Podium Level 2, Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
Telephone number:  (02) 811-5666
Email:  JADrestaurants@jumeirah.com



No comments :

Post a Comment